What To Do If Police Does Not Register FIR?

You can write to the Senior Superintendent of Police, the substance of the allegations against the accused either in person or by post, who if satisfied about the commission of cognizable case, the Superintendent shall either investigate the case himself or direct an investigation to be made by any other police officer.

Such provisions are contained in section 154(3) of Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 You can also file a criminal complaint under section 156(3) of the Criminal Procedure Code before the concerned Judicial Magistrate requesting the registration of First Information Report.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *